Sunday, September 12, 2010

Who is the LoneBlackFemale???

This blog is designed for the LoneBlackFemale (LBF) within their current environment. 
Perhaps you are the LBF at:
  • work
  • school
  • organization
With this attribute comes: frustration, feeling uneasy or unsure of yourself, out of place...all of these things come to mind as I have ascended the ranks from welfare to the corporate office.  Many, many, times I wanted to give up, tuck my tail and crawl out of there, BUT once I realized that I DID belong, my outlook has changed.  Self realization is a hard pill to swallow, so I take my daily doses with great happiness!

I am determined to not give up and sharing my thoughts with YOU may also help you vent your own frustrations.  The pen is definitely mightier than the sword, so I welcome you to share your thoughts and let us all learn from each other and how to: remain dignified, keep our composure and support each other on this journey to the top....

One of my favorite movies come to mind, the Five Hearbeats, and Flash's line of, "it's lonely at the top!" have a much deeper meaning as I work on reaching the top, I never knew how lonely it would be, once I became the LoneBlackFemale...

No comments:

Post a Comment