Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Car Basics for Women 101

Women are constantly juiced out of their money by shady mechanics.  Some repairs are as simple as replacing a burnt out fuse, or paying attention to where you park.  Most car problems occur over a period of time, so if you are monitoring your car regularly, some repairs won't come as a surprise.


If you are a single woman and you own a personal car that was not purchased yesterday or today, then ask yourself these simple questions: 
  • Do I  know what that light(s) on the dash mean? 
  • Do I know how to check the tread on my tires? 
  • Where is the fuse box? 
  • Do I know if my reverse and brake lights are working? (if they aren't and someone runs into the back of you, YOU ARE AT FAULT NOW!!! )
  • Where is my car manual?
  • Can I change this tire if I HAD to? (AAA only allows 4 calls...do you even have a tow service membership?)
  • Do you bother to check? 
  • Do you even care?
Chances are you probably don't and don't want to be stranded on the road.  I am preparing to teach classes, weekends and/or a ustream if you are interested in learning how to understand the basics of your cars maintenance to save yourself some money and heartache.  Trust, once a man discovers you know more about cars than what he thinks you know, the conversation and price are totally different.

I have over 6 years fleet maintenance experience and have changed tires, oil, replaced fuses and all sorts of odds and ends pertaining to car care.  I am an expert!

If you are interested please go to the appointment feature so we can gauge interest and get in touch with you at a later date.  We look to begin in the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment