Sunday, December 11, 2011

Reflections of 2011...

I know it has been a LONG while since I have last had a chance to talk to you.  Many things have gone on in my little world since April.  Lets see:

  • LAXCarShare has continued to grow and become an integral part of the Downtown LA residents lifestyle. We have been added to the campus of Southwestern Law School and  we continue to be supported by Metro, which is a huge blessing.  I have included a delivery service for a few downtown businesses as well as assisting with flyering for marketing campaigns/promotions, these actions help increase the brand awareness of LAXCarShare and we are in the infant stage of selling franchises to interested individuals;
  • 2UrbanGirls, the consulting arm, was launched as a way to help individuals realize their business and political aspirations.  I have had the opportunity to host a fundraiser for two friends political campaigns (by the way, they both where elected to the Compton Unified School District Board of Trustees), increased my political presence through increased political connections as well as gained new clients to help them start their own business in addition to volunteering my time and talents to local non-profits;
     
  • CarShare Directory, was recently launched, as a way to promote the benefits of the carsharing industry, as a whole. Not only can you find every carshare provider in the world, you can also find and share employment opportunities with those in need of work. As the industry has grown to cover almost every major continent, the benefits are realized through its exponential growth, over the past 10 years.  I am proud to be a part of an important new movement, aptly titled "collaborative consumption" where more individuals are learning to "share" their personal assets with total strangers.
      

How is 2012 looking?  The future looks BRIGHT!!!  With the new year, comes new goals.  I have set the bar even higher.  My interests include:  more writing, establishing an investment group to gain access to new business opportunities and become more politically active in both my immediate community and within the PTA Association I was elected to.  It's definitely hard being a one-woman operation, wearing many business hats, in addition to being a single mother, however, I hope to inspire others to realize their own dreams.  Remember- All of your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them!

Until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment