Sunday, December 12, 2010

Practice What You Preach!!!

Telling someone, "I don't own a car", and you live in the Los Angeles area, will yield a perplexed expression from your audience. How is this possible? Why would you NOT want to own a personal car? In 2011, I will find out.


I am choosing to live without a car, for the entire 2011 year. My company supports alternative forms of transportation, by working cohesively with Metro and the many individuals who prefer to bike. I am trading in my four-wheels for a Metro pass and a bike.
Metro has made significant progress in upgrading the transit system and working towards extending the rail lines, so that more individuals are able to utilize this wonderful benefit. Studies show that individuals who take public transportation are happier, healthier and are saving themselves money! I normally use Metro 1x per week, but will increase my usage to 3x per week and use a bike to move around. Not only does this benefit me personally, it helps me to relate better to my members, who are already living car-free. Wish me luck!

There are many cycling groups to join (depending on the City you live in) and there are many cycling events for families and friends to attend, together. Some groups even work with foster children, to give them access to a bike, how rewarding is that!

What will YOU do with an extra $500 per month???? We'll soon be finding out, and as always, I will share with you, my dedicated readers. Remember, living car-free is more than a lifestyle, its a movement towards our future!!!

Side note, I was sitting here watching this video, when I put this post together, we definitely have to love our environment and SHOW IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment